For Researchers at Osaka University
Learnings and studies have been and continue to be common assets for people in all times and places.
However, universities and research institutions around the world find it becoming increasingly difficult to obtain data and documents necessary for research activities due to their shrinking budget and never-ending price hikes for bigger publishers journals.
Under such circumstances, open access initiatives, which aim at making all kinds of academic literatures accessible for free, are now gaining momentum.
There are people who want to read your research paper but have no means of accessing it.
Now you have a choice of making your work openly available on the university website.
Why not deposit your paper in Osaka University Knowledge Archive, OUKA?
Those who can deposit their research results in OUKA:
1) Osaka University officers and employees, including those who once worked at Osaka University
2) Graduate students who are or were enrolled in a graduate school of Osaka University (other than the master course)
3) Group or organization of which one or more members satisfy item (1) above
4) Any other person whom the Director of the University Library considers appropriate
What can be deposited in OUKA:
- Academic journal articles
- Doctoral theses/dissertations
- Departmental bulletin papers
- Research papers
- Conference presentation materials
- Teaching materials
- Academic information materials owned by Osaka University
- Other material which the Director of the University Library considers appropriate
How to deposit your research results in OUKA:
If you are interested in depositing your work, please contact the Electronic Content Section.
Copyright information will be checked by library staff.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Electronic Content Section.
For further details, please refer to the Frequent Questions (Research Results) page.
Manuscript version and electronic file to be used:
Permitted version Electronic file to be used Prepared by Publisher’s version PDF file to be obtained from the publisher’s website or to be created by scanning the article from the journal/book Library staff Author’s version Author’s final version*1to be provided to the library Author
*1 What is the “author’s final version”?
Many international publishers do not permit either PDF files on their journal site or scanned journal page to be deposited in repositories.
In other words, manuscripts which are proofread, edited, or formatted by the publisher or manuscripts which include publisher’s logos cannot be used.
Instead, a great number of publishers permit depositing the author’s final version. Please see the chart below.
The author’s final version is the last document that you send to the publisher, which has been peer-reviewed and accepted for publication.
Explanatory material “Why not deposit your work in OUKA?” [PDF]
Explanatory material “Did you know? Some people want read your article but have no means of accessing it” [PDF]
Osaka University Library, Electronic Content Section
TEL：06-6850-5071 （Ext. 5071/5819 ）