Starting August 2016, Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) will be assigned to the content deposited in the Osaka University Knowledge Archive (OUKA), as explained below:
Types of content to which a DOI will be assigned
Note: We plan to gradually expand the ranges of content for which DOIs can be assigned (ex. the final author version of articles published in academic journals)
- Doctoral theses/dissertations for which degrees were awarded on and after April 1, 2013 (those of which the full text is deposited)
- Papers contained in Osaka University’s departmental bulletins
What is a digital object identifier, or DOI?
A digital object identifier (DOI) is a unique international identifier assigned to electronically available academic content, which provides a persistent link to the content location on the Internet. Providing a DOI prevents dead links and makes academic papers more easily accessible and citable.
How a DOI is indicated on the OUKA website
When a DOI is assigned to OUKA content, following information is displayed on relevant pages on the OUKA website.
With a DOI string indicated in the citation information or a similar section, a permanent link to the intended content can be provided.
Types of content to which a DOI cannot be assigned
- Content with no body text, abstract-only content
- Cover page, table of contents or a similar page of departmental bulletins, etc.
- Text of the publisher’s version of research papers published in academic journals (DOIs already assigned by the relevant publisher in most cases)
- Doctoral theses/dissertations completed in the academic year 1991-2000, which were digitized by National Diet Library (DOIs already assigned by the National Diet Library)
- A DOI cannot be assigned to the content that has not yet been deposited in OUKA.
- Assignment of a DOI will take about two weeks.
- Content to which a DOI has been assigned basically cannot be deleted or made private again.
Request for a DOI
If you would like a DOI assigned to your content, please contact us at the following email address. All works for registration will be undertaken by the library staff.